2013. február 23., szombat

Valentine's day puppies


Free, like a river raging
Strong as the wind I’m facing.
Chasing dreams and racing father time.
Deep like the grandest canyon,
Wild like an untamed stallion.
If you can’t see my heart you must be blind.

You can knock me down and watch me bleed
But you can’t keep no chains on me.

I was born free!
I was born free
I was born free, born free.


This Kid Rock song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu3rsha1ZtI could  have been in my mind when the puppies were born, but to be honest my brain was absolutely empty after two sleepless nights. I was dog tired! Tequila was very uncomfortable at night and made sure we knew this with loud moans and groans. She wanted attention and comforting. I was squatting half the night next to her whelping box, stroking her belly. I tried to sleep the other half of the night but she created different melodies and symphonies that put me in more of a coma than a good sleep. So I bought her homeopathy balls to help her relax in the time of her pregnancy buy I think I should take them! Days were much more relaxed except that on the morning of her whelping day while having a pee break she suddenly decided to run to the hill behind the house where she started to improve the cave that Whiskey made last year. At the time it was raining hard and I was not sure what she was doing, but when I went there she popped her head up from the hole she was digging and I could see that she had excavated about a 1/4 cubic metre of earth! She was making an excellent tunnel for herself, maybe she wanted to visit Australia!

I could have been worried that she would have her puppies in that hole but I know she is a good dog and she came out of the hole, but that is when I got a shock. My beautiful white dog had dug a tunnel about 1 metre long and was now covered in wet earth because of the heavy rain. What can I do with a dirty, muddy dog? I can't let her go to her nice clean whelping box in this condition. Thank God the coat of the borzoi cleans itself and the sand easily falls off as the dog dries out. Sponge, hair dryer and a good brush and she is snow white again in ten minutes. Just in time because the first puppy arrived very soon after. He was born at 9.35am. 


He is a Red Brindle male with black mask and already long hair.

Followed by a female at 11.20am, almost two hours later. She is a Silver brindle, what a beauty. Nice long neck.




Every 20 minutes after this came a boy, 5 in total, in order they were
Sable male, looks gorgeous, cant take my eyes off of him. Very prestigious looking boy, already my secret favourite.


He was followed by a Cream/White boy who flew out of Tequila like shot from a gun.



then a Brindle coated young gentleman with a lovely dark mask. I wonder if he will become tri-colour.


Then Mr Intelligence arrived, I first thought a girl as he looked like his mother, but when we looked closer there was the obvious tackle of  male. His white colour is the brightest and he is the most clever at finding mums milk. Very promising boy!





At the end of the party the big boy arrived, the white Carewitsh! Not a nervous dog that`s for sure, after feeding he always finds the most comfortable, soft and warm places and sleeps looking very satisfied.
He has the thickest coat and he owns the longest tail.He did not hurry to be born, he came in his own time and now he is here we are very pleased. Look at him!




Tequila did a super job, what great Valentine day presents. All born around 600 grams, growing very nicely,  healthy and relaxed. So small, blind and deaf, they know their job and do that perfectly. What more do we need?


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése